Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to 2011s

m0dnar

Hey guys, I just got my first really nice 2011 and have lots to learn about the platform and running this platform. Most of my shooting experience has been playing in the sand so only learned how to properly run a pistol 3 years ago. Looking forward to learning from the rest of you guys and getting the most out of this platform.

SV makes really nice pistols for sure.  For the money, Staccato is hard to beat.  Lots of people talk badly about them on here, but the last 5 I had, all ran 100% out of the box.  There are lots of nicer pistols out there, but at 2K its a pretty nice deal.  For instance, I just got my Atlas Ares last week.  Very comparable in size/weight of the C2 I've been carrying at work.  But, I could buy 3 C2s for what the Ares goes for......

I've heard and seen the first gen Staccatos have some pretty glaring issues. Mostly magazine related, but one of the ones in my friend group was also single shot out of the box. There was some weird hitch on the frame/slide fit where it would bind up and would just barely eject the used case, but wouldn't cycle enough to pick up the next round. Another one had a ridiculous 6# trigger pull from the factory (we measured). 

Since they've released the second gen of Staccatos everything seems to have gotten a LOT better. I really want an XL because you can never have too many inches.