Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Extended Firing Pin

Friedrich_der_Grosse

Apologize for resurrecting an older thread.

However, I am searching to buy an OEM firing pin for CZ Shadow 2. Appears that my normal go to, Cajun and CZC, only have the extended firing pin.

Any help will be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Just received the stock firing pin from CZ Custom and installed it in my Accushadow 2.  Doing the pencil test I can hit an 8 foot high ceiling with the pistol at waist height.  I'll be going to the range this Saturday to test out my gun (13# hammer spring, stock firing pin, and Rami firing pin spring) with Winchester and CCI primers.  I'll report back my results.

Using my Accushadow 2 with 13 pound hammer spring, stock firing pin, and Rami firing pin spring I shot 100 rounds using Winchester primers and 100 rounds using CCI primers.  There were no failures or malfunctions of any kind.  The indentation in the primers was not as deep as when I used the extended firing pin, but still pretty deep.  Attached is a picture with the Winchester primer on the left and the CCI primer on the right.  I did not notice any significant difference between the two.PrimerIndentation.JPG.ca86830cd5acc57acbc71a5e270541a0.JPG

On 8/2/2022 at 7:34 PM, Friedrich_der_Grosse said:

... grown a little bit worried about drop safety when someone mentioned that someone died because someone dropped their CZ Shadow 2, ...

Out of respect and for the record here, that someone was John Kozoil of the town of Greece, New York.

In Loving Memory of John David Koziol 1953 - 2020

NY Range Safety Officer Killed by Negligent Discharge During USPSA Competition

I did a test with 4 Shadow 2's.  Each had an extended firing pin and an 8.5 lb hammer spring.  I left the 8.5 lb hammer spring in, put the original firing pin and firing pin spring back in, and tested them with Blazer 124 gr, Eley Competition 124 gr, Federal Syntech 150 gr, and my handloaded 125 gr (with Federal primers).  One gun wouldn't set off one of the Blazers, otherwise everything fired every time.  I tried the one cartridge that wouldn't fire in all of the guns, and it wouldn't fire in any of them even after several strikes, so it may have been a defective primer.  So, I'll probably err on the side of safety and leave the original firing pins in.  If I have problems down the road, I could change my mind, since this would be such a rare occurrence.  This is with an 8.5 lb hammer spring so, if you're running a 10 or 11 lb hammer spring, I can't imagine you'll have a problem.