Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Icore In Ne @ S&w

Bones

Greetings New England Revolver Shooters.

Are you frustrated with IDPA's ESR division?

Do you feel like a nun at an Adult Film Festival shooting your 610 at local IPSC matches?

Did you ever secretly want to try your dad's Model 10 at a match but just couldn't bring yourself to un-bag it in front of your techno-black-plastic-bottom-feeding-P38 Space Modulator-weilding-endless-lead-hose-toting-flat gunning buddies?

Do you think the idea of wearing chaps and sitting on a painted rocking horse just to shoot a revolver competitively is... um.... just not for you?

Well - have we got GREAT news for YOU!

There will be an ICORE match at the S&W Shooting Sports Center on 7 January 2006.

We'll be hosting 3 - 5 fun and challenging ICORE stages starting at 9:00.

This match is being run to judge support for ICORE in the area. If turnout warrants it, we can expect to see more ICORE matches indoors at S&W and - just maybe - outdoors at the Hartford Gun Club. How cool would that be?

Not familiar with ICORE? Try this:

http://www.icore.org/

Couldn't find The Shooting Sports Center with an ACOG? No sweat:

http://www.downzero.com/swleague_directions.aspx

Don't reload revolver calibers? No Problem! When you read through the rulebook, you'll see that you can buy cheap FACTORY ammo that meets ICORE Power Factor requirements!

So - grab your round gun gear, a friend and a couple boxes of ammo and head into Springfield on 7 January 2006.

Your support is all we need to bring ICORE to the area.

Join the REVOlution!

Best Regards and Warm Wishes for a Safe and Happy Holiday Season,

Craig Buckland

413 258 4499 (rotary phones preferred)

Edited by Bones

No need to pre-register - just show up.

$20 for S&W SSC members, $25 for non members.

We are contemplating running the Australian Postal Match stages (Thanks RGS)

See you there-

Craig

Edited by Bones

• 1 month later...

See you there-

Craig

Bones, I hate to bring this up but do you have any plans for "foul weather cancelation"

I know we're hardy New Englanders, and revo shooters to boot but sometimes ya gotta

do what ya gotta do.

DaveP

Oh ?? what's a S&W SSC member ??

See you there-

Craig

Bones, I hate to bring this up but do you have any plans for "foul weather cancelation"

I know we're hardy New Englanders, and revo shooters to boot but sometimes ya gotta

do what ya gotta do.

DaveP

Oh ?? what's a S&W SSC member ??

Dave,

I am not BONES but knowing him the way I do, I will give an answer. If the weather is bad, leave early and drive slow. Use the PMD Expedition if necessary :o I will be driving up from my side of the bridge where snow is a rare thing (Just started about 20 minutes ago) and plan to show up even if I am the only one. (Only way I can win I guess).

As for the SSC membership, it is a membership sold yearly to the S&W Sports Shooting Center Range.

Now lets wait for BONES with the official word

Regards,

Hello Dave and Thanks Gary.

RGS nailed it.

If the Shooting Sports Center (SSC) is open - we will run. Shooters meeting at 9:00 AM.

Membership is $25(?)/yr and gets you discounts on shooting activities, range time, et al. The number to the Shooting Sports Center is 413 846 6400 if you have any questions.

Saturday's weather prediction from NOAA is Partly Cloudy in the mid-20's.

Match update:

Due to range size restrictions we can only run (2) of the AUS Postal Match stages. There will be (1) classifier and (2) additional stages - I hope you like Texas Stars. I think Bobby's stage is called Constellation Consternation - or something like that. Remember - you need more than (1) star to form a constellation.

We will run the other (2) AUS Postal Match stages at February's match - 4 Feb 06.

If you're from a ways out - stay in town, have some holstiener schnitzel & a draft Franzikaner at the Munich Haus and shoot the IPSC match on Sunday morning. If you're coming in a Ford I cannot help you Saturday morning - you but will come pick you up after the match.

Because I am deeply concerned about his conscience, I wouldn't let RGS win that way.

See You Saturday,

Craig

hoping he doesn't need to see some leg before the ride!!!

Greg

That's just wrong in so many ways. :o

And THAT's what makes it funny!

Anyhow,

I thought the match was great today- not a frown in the whole building.

It was a nice change from the "norm"- surrounded by people who WANT more revolvers around...

Excellent production, great people, well thought out and executed stages... two Texas stars on one range- setup behind one another... B)

How could you go wrong?

Thanks to all involved- it was a hoot.

Like to add my thanks also to a great revo shoot, that double star was different, 1st time I

saw it set up that way.

To the RO on stage 2, you asked me where you could get a holster like mine, I was one of

the guys shooting a dot gun and the holster was a USA Extreme from Universal Shooting

Academy.

Here's a link to Shooters Connection who has it for $109

http://shootersconnection.com/store/produc...products_id=561

Sorry I didn't tell you at the match, too much going on and I spaced it.

See you on Feb. 4th for the next one !

Thanks to all who made the drive down to Springfield and participated!

We had 50+ competitors of all skill levels. It was great to see so many new shooters and so many old friends. We hope they return to our other ICORE - as well as IDPA and IPSC - matches throughout the year.

Check for results by the end of the week here:

http://www.downzero.com/site_home.aspx

Our next ICORE match is 4 Feb - same time, same place, same match set up - "the other" (2) AUS postal match stages, (1) ICORE Classifier, (2) original stages.

It looks like we'll continue in the Spring outdoors at the Hartford Gun Club - just 15 minutes from the SSC, next to Bradley Airport - dates to be announced.

Vive le REVOlution!

Craig

PS Kurt Nelson ran the double star in 24 seconds - without a miss - with a 4" Dan Wesson barrel on his 625 - way to go Kurt!

For those of you that have never seen one - here are (2) Texas Stars:

post-4729-1136835725_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bones