Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking About Buying This Package....

Airic

Im thinking about buying this package. Just was wondering what you guys thought it might be worth since im terrible at this kind of thing. Package includes:

Glock 22C (bought new in 2000) -

The comp barrel has about 1000 rnds through it.

High vis fiber optic front sight

Aro-tek rear sight

3.5 lb trigger connector

Ext. mag release

Ext. slide release

channel plug for the magwell

Stock extra barrel w/ no compensation. - has about 8k rounds through it

3 ten round mags

2 high cap mags w/ grams basepads (20rnds)

Tungsten guiderod w/ 17lb spring

Extra spring for high cap and 10 round mags

Bag of parts- original trig. connector, original front sight, original mag release, extra fiber opic posts for front sight,

Whaddya think?

post-6880-1133409844_thumb.jpg

Not a penny over $600 and thats high IMO. Get it all for under $500 if at all possible. Offer $400 and see what kind of look you get and then go from there. $400 would be all that I would pay for a used one if it was in pristine cosmetic shape, less if noticeably worn and scuffed. The extra bbl and Grams pads are not a huge factor IMO and maybe add $100 in real value at max. The rest of the stuff is just parts. That's why I say $450.

For $600+ I would expect to get a good holster, some mag pouches and some more mags if I wanted to say I got a good deal. Figure fifty cents on the dollar for used stuff and figure this all cost about a grand new and remember that it's got 10k rounds on it collectively.

Well, i was also offered as a part of the package (i just wanted to know what people thought the worth of the gun and parts was) a galco skyops tuckable IWB holster still in package, a fobus paddle and a uncle mikes shoulder rig. Also two glock mag pouches for the belt.

Boy, those are three holsters destined for the big box of junk in the back of the loading room we all we wind up with ;-)

The Glock mag pouches I like though. They are even worth about 5 or 10 bucks each.

Only add up the stuff you will use. George is right that those 3 holsters might be worth a total of next to nothing. The Fobus is maybe worth $10.

-Grams padded mags are $20 each

-10 rd mags are worth $5 each

-Extra mag springs are worth nothing cuz you will prolly never replace them

-Original parts are worth nothing, you bought them when you bought the gun

-.50 on the dollar for upgraded parts, if you want those parts, dont pay for parts you dont want or intend to take off

-Comped barrel would be worth nothing to me, and most others as it isnt ideal to use that set up for most any competition.

Tell the guy this and let him keep the stuff that is of no use to you. He can try to peddle it elsewhere and still make his money.

$500 sounds fair, you get an OK deal, and he makes money, no one gets it great either way.

Check what a factory rebuild set up the way you want would cost, it might come out in the wash.