Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Low Powder Hopper Sensor

Anyone try the DAA low powder hopper sensor? Wondering how it works? I am using the larger Pyrex powder hopper so can’t use the standard Dillon low powder sensor due to height interference issues with case feeder.

I just installed one of these this week and was VERY pleasantly surprised by how well it was designed and how well it works. It's as simple as it gets. Hopefully, your routine is to aways check the powder level every time you refill primers, but this is a nice backup. I am using it on a Mark 7 Apex-10 but it would work on any press that has transparent powder hoppers.

I highly recommend this device. It is definitely worth the money. It won't connect to any automated drive systems, but then, its just $45.

On 4/21/2022 at 2:35 PM, BJinPass said:

I just installed one of these this week and was VERY pleasantly surprised by how well it was designed and how well it works. It's as simple as it gets. Hopefully, your routine is to aways check the powder level every time you refill primers, but this is a nice backup. I am using it on a Mark 7 Apex-10 but it would work on any press that has transparent powder hoppers.

I highly recommend this device. It is definitely worth the money. It won't connect to any automated drive systems, but then, its just $45.

Thanks for the reply. I think I will give it a try.