Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New mod for Mr.Bullet Feeder for light bullets

Have really been struggling with 55gr 223 bullets getting jammed in the Mr.Bullet feeder drop tube.  Got some ideas here and also from calling DAA. DAA said I need to create more speed in the spring shoot by making the drop more vertical.  There are several versions of that that can been seen here on the forums, but I have another way of doing it I thought I would share.  This on it's own did not solve the issue, but based on where the MBF is mounted to the side of the case feeder, I didn't feel like I could get that much more vertical length without the bullets getting jammed higher in the spring.  I took another step to reduce the amount that the stop switch bar sticks into the feed tube.  As it sits by default, it rests against the opposite side completely blocking the tube and under spring tension.  By placing a piece of tape strategically to reduce the distance by a few millimeters, the bullets now drop 100%.  I would not recommend using anything heavier to reduce the distance as that would add friction, which is why I think a simple piece of tape works so well.  Here are a couple photos of my mods.  Forgive me if these have already been done and posted and I didn't see. :)

IMG_5565.jpeg

IMG_5564.jpeg

• 1 year later...

I see this post is over a year old, but I came on here looking to solve this exact issue.  I've been pulling my hair out over these 55g bullets getting jammed.  DAA sent a new switch and a new drop tube so I'm waiting on that.  They really have great customer service.  I got to the point where I had the switch in my hand and would activate the feeder when the clear tube was low.  So with the switch out of the black tube, I would still get jams in the black tube right where the switch goes.  The diameter in that area allows a falling bullet to jam on the bullet below it if that bottom bullet's nose is canted.   I have a long 20" verticle drop with the spring tube so the force of that bullet coming down would wedge the two together.  So if I only filled the clear tube and did not let any more fall and start filling the black tube, it ran great.  I love the tape idea and will try that.  I tried bending that arm in every way possible and nothing worked.  If the bullets passed through with no jam, the arm wouldn't activate the switch and stop the feeder.  If I got the feeder to stop, the bullets would jam.  They need a switch with a slightly weaker spring for the 223.  Josh at DAA did say the 223 gives them the most problems.

I just switched over to 223 on my 1100 for the first time. I had always been on a 650(no problems there) but last weekend I finished jumping and had issues with the bullets getting stuck above the full sensor. Now I will try this Thank you

I had bent the switch arm a little which made my results improve marginally. I went from not working at all to getting stuck on every 10th.