Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 17.5 ALG Magwell Equivalent?

Magsz

Hey guys,

I'm finally transitioning to a 9mm Duty gun at work.  I've been running an ALG magwell on my Gen 4 22 for a long time now.  I absolutely adore this magwell.  ALG doesn't make this for the gen 5 let alone any Glocks these days it seems.

Can someone suggest a magwell that feels similar to the ALG but in Gen 5 flavor?

Things I like about the ALG:

Pretty much compatible with all baseplates

The way the thing is shaped, it really drives my strong hand up onto the gun.

The way the thing is shaped it gives me a nice ledge where my weak hand pinky can act as a counter lever under recoil.  The front lip is really, really nice.

High quality anodizing.  The magwell is beat to s#!t after six years of patrol work but there are no sharp edges, dents or huge dings that would prevent this thing from working or potentially injuring me due to s#!tty metal/anodizing.

I'm really looking for a nice large magwell that will push my hands up higher on the gun.  I would love to hear what you guys recommend.

Thank you!

Glock has an OEM magwell with integrated lanyard loop for the Model 17 Gen5.  Part Number 47796

Several others have also produced magwells for the Gen5, including Dawson, Taran Tactical, and Carver.

The Glock polymer magwell isn't for me.  I don't like the way it attaches and polymer will get chewed up alot faster than aluminum.

I've done my standard google search and there are plenty of options.  I'm just curious as to which one will fit my hand in a similar fashion to the ALG.  Someone here has got to have that kind of info. :)

Edited by Magsz