Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Recoil Spring In G17.

gravedigger

The original recoil spring for a G17 is 17 pounds.

On my G34 I have a 13 pound ISMI spring with four coils clipped off. I would recommend a 13 pound ISMI spring for your G17.

I should mention that I am not shooting +P loads in my G34. I am shooting a Zero 147 grain FMJ over 3.6 grains of N320 with a 0.376 crimp and an OAL of 1.142; This turns out to be a power factor of around 140. That may seem a high PF for shooting USPSA Production, but I tried the so-called "mouse-fart" light loads and found that my G34 shoots flatter with the higher PF and I noticed that my sights return better as well.

Check out this article for more details: http://www.custom-glock.com/springtech.html

Good luck,

Cor

Edited by cruiten

If you have a Harrts ISMI springs won't fit. Harrts come or came with, Wolff springs. Don't know the weight but it is the stock dia. Wolff offers for Glock.

You don't mentin if you're using handloads or? With 124 Jkt'd and around 135 PF a 15 Lb. Wolff works well in own 17 & 34 with std. Wolff steel rod. May have to pick up a couple of different weights and see where your cases are landing, etc?