Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Handgunner/winchester

Know it may be a little early to be planning for next year, got my application from paul miller yesterday for the handgunner/winchester world challenge, first time i went was 2000, more or less started as a joke between my son and I, I was raised with the 45 and so was my son. He read about the match in handgunner magazine and told me I should go. So as a virgin I jump into the middle of major competetion with a basic stock colt national match,and cheap ammo, ended up leaving on thursday night (my father died), but paul and his wife ( I have read were she has passed, my condolense) sent me a golf shirt and some other stuff later, I must have not been that bad, missing two days of competion and still came in 4th from bottom. So we have bought a motor home since then and have not really used it all that much, althought the 300 dollor entry seems a little steep to most people, for the time of your life, puttting over a 1,000 rounds downrange, and land and nature that will take your breath away (did I mention the heat) I'm going back this year as long as nothing happens before, why not give it a try, just pack plenty of SUNTAN LOTION!

www.sanjuanrange.com :D:D

Its a great match...lots of fun and lots of make believe pressure..

a whole week of shooting...according to the announcement..

TJ is teaching a class one day..then the Winchester challenge..then a day for the rifle, shotgun, 22 side matches, then the Handgunner shootoffs..

bring lots of ammo and lots of sun block..

I am hoping I can make it this time.