Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon SRO for PCC....5 MOA I use it and love it. Also have it on my .45 and .22.

I like the view & size or the SRO and the fact that it automatically adjust to the light, needs a battery after 3 yrs, and it works.  i just leave it on, pick it up and shoot.  Cmore's are good, but they do have issues.  I know people that have used them for years and tell me about the issues. And, when the time comes, I should have no problem selling a Trijicon!

23 minutes ago, rbx said:

I like the view & size or the SRO and the fact that it automatically adjust to the light, needs a battery after 3 yrs, and it works.  i just leave it on, pick it up and shoot.  Cmore's are good, but they do have issues.  I know people that have used them for years and tell me about the issues. And, when the time comes, I should have no problem selling a Trijicon!

this is making me really sad that I couldnt find one local and settled. guess ill just have to get one when i can find one.

5 minutes ago, rbx said:

Best price I could find is on eurooptic.com.  I bought 2 from them!

yea. i try to shop local when I can but obviously this sport makes it difficult. I settled for a 6MOA DPP. luckily, I do enjoy it but I see so much positive feedback about the SRO that I feel like I have to give it a shot. 

14 minutes ago, rbx said:

I wish they had a bigger dot as 5 MOA is good, but for USPSA and Steel Challenge, a larger dot would be better.  But again, no complaints from me!  It just works!

I was really nervous getting the 6MOA. I’ve only shot smaller 2 and 2.5MOA dots before and got used to it. Reading here actually convinced me to try out a bigger one. Really glad I did. Still learning it a bit but I find myself less likely to “perfect” the dot on dead center A zone vs “it’s in, shoot it”. In dry fire, it’s saving me time. We will see here soon if points share the same story lol 

I have talked to many people and most of the better, regular shooters use a Cmore with a larger dot or a Holoson with the circle around the dot.  I personally don't like that and never have an issue finding the dot on the SRO!

I started my pistol dot experience with a Holosun and “loved” it. Really it was just a new toy and fancy to me. Since using a single dot on other optics, I found that outer circle distracting. But that’s the whole goal with this sport right? Trying new things and marking old things better to improve.