Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-Compact slide on a full-sized 320 grip

S&W627shooter

I recently got an X-Compact P320, but the grip is a little too short for me.  I would like to find a mag well for it to add a little more grip for my pinky, but I haven't been able to find one.

So, until then, I decided to modify a spare full-size grip that I had lying around to match the length of the X-Compact slide.  I was inspired by a thread that I read earlier on this forum, but I could not find it again to post my results, so I had to start a new one.  Sorry for the duplication.

Here are the rough DIY results:

IMG_3033.thumb.jpg.f97ec10d26e75bac777dcf0251e21657.jpgIMG_3035.thumb.jpg.cf5dc18ff624d778d2c1f6701b048f47.jpgIMG_3036.thumb.jpg.d4e0ffe563b3c75a45f79ade83de6dcd.jpgIMG_3037.thumb.jpg.9dd40766866488b49d028cb92c85ce66.jpg

It looks like you did a really nice job with the cop. I had a really hard time trying to find a magwell for the x compact. Everything I found was for the x carry. The one I did find though says works but I haven’t purchased yet to verify. Link below. Hope it helps. 

https://3dprintedgungear.com/product/sig-p320-x-series-compact-magwell-stainless-steel/

1 hour ago, X5SigChris said:

It looks like you did a really nice job with the cop. I had a really hard time trying to find a magwell for the x compact. Everything I found was for the x carry. The one I did find though says works but I haven’t purchased yet to verify. Link below. Hope it helps. 

https://3dprintedgungear.com/product/sig-p320-x-series-compact-magwell-stainless-steel/

I made a terrible first cut with the dremmel.  The cutting blade was melting the grip.  I smoothed it out with 120 grit sand paper and finished it with 220.

Thank you for the link.  

6 hours ago, S&W627shooter said:

I made a terrible first cut with the dremmel.  The cutting blade was melting the grip.  I smoothed it out with 120 grit sand paper and finished it with 220.

Thank you for the link.  

No worries. You have got me wanting to play with some of the spare frames I have laying around. I feel like I kept them “just in case” but after a couple years, that’s proof I’m just hoarding lol 

16 hours ago, S&W627shooter said:

Thank you for the link.  

I like to finish with micromesh pads and a little wet sanding. That's what I've always done after doing undercuts on my polymer guns. You can work until you have a close match to the original frame texture. But, solid work, its an interesting project for sure.