Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10mm question, non competition

optimator

The correct answer would either be a Witness Hunter or a Limited with a cone barrel. But out of these two, I would go with the Elite Match. The frame is hard chromed, and with some minor action work, the single action trigger can be pretty good.

I have an Elite Match that came with a 10mm slide. The slide is labeled as a Combat Sport 10. Assume this was thought as a more hunting model. 

Look at the sights. This one came with low profile sights, not height adjustable. Purchased a 9mm slide for it. It came with the Supersights. 

I like the Supersights much better. Taller front sight too. 

Also have an EAA Limited Pro in 10mm. It is regular barrel like the Match. I am not a fan of cone barrels for the shooting I do. No better or worse.

It used a to be the Match Elite were 600.00 guns and the Stock and Limited Pro were 900 - 1000. Today they are about the same price.

My Limited Pro has been converted to single action. Has a Tanfoglio SA trigger. Breaks at 2lb, 12 oz. The factory trigger in the Match Elite breaks at 3lb, 2 oz. Both should drop some with a reduced power return spring and a little polishing on the trigger bar. 

I never leave a round in the chamber, shoot all guns single action.

I have the Witness Elite with both a 40S&W barrel and a 10mm barrel.  I had to put in a dual recoil spring in it to handle the 10mm hot loads (est. around 700 ft-lbs of energy) but the steel frame makes it controllable.   Never did any trigger work to it and am very happy with it as it came from the factory.  Especially for a woods or self defense gun, you may want to think hard before doing any work on the trigger.  Never had a stoppage or problem with the gun so I'd definitely buy it again.. 

I would get the Limited Pro. 

Think it is the same as my EAA Limited Pro. 

Normally the Match Elite would be my pick. Single action trigger. But the one you have pictured appears to have the low profile rear sight. Non adjustable for height. And just a grub screw to hold for windage.The Tanfoglio SuperSight is a big improvement to me.

The SuperSight will not interchange with that sight. It requires milling the slide to swap out.

That Stock 1 is the best looking of the three to me. But real pretty would be a Hunter.