Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell for NHC TRS Commander?

TK66

After almost a year long wait my new "carry gun" was delivered.  I was wondering if anyone know what magwell will fit. I'm looking to put a small tactical magwell on this.  I asked NHC and couldn't get an answer.  I know that PT used to make the grip for NHC. I called them also.  However they don't make them for NHC any longer.  I tried a STI gen 1.  It seems close but I'll need to really bump it on and I'm sure it will scratch the grip. I wouldn't care if I knew for sure it will fit.

Todd

trs2.jpg

trs1.jpg

If they are making their own grips these days, they will need to answer your question.  Like you, I prefer a small, tactical mag well, but on these smaller carry pistols, the makers seem to be going away from a mag well.  And let's face it, with a double stack like this, you really don't need one anyway.

Atlas is coming out with a new pistol next month that will be flush fit with 120mm mags and no magwell.  

I like having  a small magwell on there not really for reloading, just for the grip. The bottom of my hand hangs over the end of the grip.  I shot it yesterday and it was fine, could go through a mag with having to adjust my grip. I guess I'm just used to the feel of magwell against the bottom of my hand.  

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Mindcrime Opr8r said:

I'm in the same boat, just picked up a NHC AAC Recon 2011 and want a small magwell, I was told the Dawson Ice magwell fits but looking for something much smaller.

The Dawson ICE magwell does fit for a STI Gen 1 grip.  I was thinking about getting the Dawson tactical magwell for a gen 1 grip.  I think that is gonna be the best option right now.  That same ICE magwell fits on my Phoenix Trinity EVO grip.  I think PT has a small magwell option.  I'm gonna try the Dawson first.