Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What triggers will fit a double stack RIA/para frame?

Obvious

So with Christmas coming up someone was asking for gift ideas and I’d like a flat faced trigger in my RIA 1911 A2. I was looking at fusion firearms K style trigger but wasn’t sure that trigger/bow would fit in a double stack frame. Just curious if anyone here can point me in the right direction 

With the RIA A2 frame it is unfortunately not always a guaranteed fit. There are differences that prevent STI spec parts from fitting from frame to frame.

I've never tried a Fusion trigger but I'm guessing it's made to STI/2011 specs. It would be worth it to try if you want that trigger. Try to buy from a vendor that allows returns if it won't work. 

I don't like the factory RIA trigger so I rolled the dice and bought an STI trigger and it worked. 

1 hour ago, Bakerjd said:

Sometimes the sti triggers fit but not always. The billet grip triggers from svi fit. 

Has SVI stopped making their triggers for the billet grip? Seems like they're out of stock everywhere

1 hour ago, Obvious said:

Has SVI stopped making their triggers for the billet grip? Seems like they're out of stock everywhere

I don't it very much since it's the trigger they make for their billet grip. Check their website. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/4/2021 at 9:38 PM, Lowlander said:

With the RIA A2 frame it is unfortunately not always a guaranteed fit. There are differences that prevent STI spec parts from fitting from frame to frame.

I've never tried a Fusion trigger but I'm guessing it's made to STI/2011 specs. It would be worth it to try if you want that trigger. Try to buy from a vendor that allows returns if it won't work. 

I don't like the factory RIA trigger so I rolled the dice and bought an STI trigger and it worked. 

Which one did you get? I tried the fusion firearms trigger and it had too much vertical slack in the trigger channel. But the trigger bow was too short vertically to have a good fit. 

2 hours ago, IOOFshooter said:

Which one did you get? I tried the fusion firearms trigger and it had too much vertical slack in the trigger channel. But the trigger bow was too short vertically to have a good fit. 

I’m still using the stock trigger for now