Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Faster Classifier Ever Recored?

Leozinho

I have heard several National Champion type shooters speak of IDPA classifier runs in the low to mid 60's (although I have never seen a run below 80).

If you do the math you will see that using the current IDPA classification system the "100% scores" (i.e. the best at the time the system was developed) are:

ESP = 76.00

CDP = 78.00

SSP = 84.00

SSR = 87.00

These are the scores on which IDPA bases the classification break-down (for example 85-100% is Master class).

Obviously this has become a bit outdated with plenty of documented classifiers in the mid 60's from the guys who are winning Division Champion titles at Nationals.

This is one of the problems with a fixed classification system. The skill level of the shooting community continues to get better but the system stays the same. It sure is easy to manage though.

Edited by vincent

Bill maybe u can get your number changed back. my number is still my number though.

After some research, I'm not sure that is my original member number. I checked some other member's numbers who were here before me and they are higher.

I've had a lot of fun going through old threads though. :D

There is a LOT of good old threads around the forum.

Yeah Bill, when we first went to this software (there was a different brand of forum software at one point) the member numbers didn't come out as being chronological. But, who cares...digging through threads from a few years ago is pretty fun.

More thread drift. :D

To read any member's old posts, click on their name at the left of the post. This will take you to their profile. Then click on profile options, then click on find members posts. Then click on the right arrow to take you to their first post. B)

Back to the IDPA classifier thread. I need to build a new barricade. The old one fell apart. ;)