Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GAP between barrel lug and ramped 2011 frame?

MuayThaiJJ

I have a 2011 wilson nowlin ramped frame, I notice that when the slide is in battery that the bottom barrel lug doesn't sit fully on the ramped part of the frame, there is about 0.15" of space. Then when the slide goes back to cycle and load a round the barrel moves back and the bottom lug makes contact/locks onto the ramped part of the frame bringing alignment to the ramp and frame. Is this normal? I just never noticed it before. I assumed the barrel was always in contact with the frame fully.

thanks

If I understand what you're saying correctly, it sounds normal.  The barrel will rise on the bottom lugs when it goes into battery and drop down and move back when it unlocks.  When it links down, the rear surface of the bottom lugs should contact the top of the VIS with no pressure on the link pin, and also be low enough for the top lugs to clear the slide.  Off the top of my head, I believe the barrel should drop down something like .040-.045" and the barrel to slide clearance should be .010-.015".