Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Peeve

Mistral404

For all the numerous things that the MD and RM do right, sometimes it seems the couple of things that were wrong get too much attention. I am guilty of this right now.

I believe in an Area Match the written stage descriptions should be accurate. I believe there were two that had written stage instructions that were significantly different that the oral instructions.

One was the self start timer stage. I do not believe that written intruction said it was a penalty if you rose from the chair prior to the buzzer.

The second was stage 5--rifle stage. Nothing in the instructions said you had to shoot from the rebar box. You could shoot the right target on the way to the stairs and not from the box as per the oral instructions. Unfortunately the first four squads did not know this. (Additionally I thought shooting boxes had to be an inch high.)

That said--the over-whelming majority of the instructions were right on.

Mistral,

If I'm not mistaken, the written walkthrough is the law of the day in USPSA.

(That is why they are to be read, word for word)

If the RO's fail to adminitster it like that written walkthrough, it is the stage CRO and RO's fault, NOT the MD or who ever.

NOW IF it needs cleared up, get it done on RO/Staff shoot day, that is what it is for !

HOP

As to the walk through, what we teach is to try to get the wording down to "Engage targets as they become visible". If there are things like "put the key in the lock", or "open the door" it should be followed with "and engage targets as they become visible.

Of course there are exemptions for Level 1 matches.

As to the charge/fault lines, the minimum height is .79 inches

Gary