Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question for XL750 Owners (dimensions)

I'm looking to upgrade my Hornady LNL to a better press and I'm strongly interested in the Dillon XL750. BUT I'm concerned whether I have enough space for it.

Can someone who owns the XL750 with the Case Feeder attachment please measure and tell me:

1. How tall from the top of the bench to the top of the case feeder? Let me know if you're using a Strong Mount as that affects the height a lot.
  2. How deep from the front edge of the bench to the back edge of the press/case feeder?

I've tried searching and only found vague answers. Also I've been unable to find anyone locally who has a XL750 with the case feeder that I can measure.

Thanks for you help...

Height, mounted directly to bench, is 35 inches. Front of press frame, when mounted to front edge of bench, to rear of case feeder about 12 inches. It's about 3 inches shorter overall than the LnL which I also have.

Edited by highxj

Perfect! Thanks highxj - that's exactly what I was looking for.

So I can for sure make it fit; but I may have to mount directly to the bench. I may be able to get away with a short mount like InLine's Micro. But I can make it work.

Great! Just don't make the same mistake I did and start drilling holes in your bench before you check the clearance with the lower ram linkage at full stroke.... it swings back under quite a bit.

Edited by highxj
Typo

Good advise. I've got a bunch of old holes from other setups already in the bench. I'll probably start by setting up the 750 in just one of those existing holes just so I can get a good idea on clearances required. Then I'll order the appropriate mount (or mount directly to the bench) and drill the permanent holes.

4 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Ask me how I know about Highxj’s comment…..I ended up cutting out a small piece off the front of my reloading bench rather than remounting the strong mount closer to the front of the bench….It works but it is fugly. 

I did the same, cut a chunk out. I later rigged up the Inline Fabrication QD plate mounting system, which if I'd have done in the first place, I wouldn't have had to butcher my bench as it places the press forward a bit.