Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Do I Get New Sights?

cep

I would like to buy a new G 19. Could I order it from the factory with a different sight system? If for example I want the 24/7 sight by AO or the Sevigny discussed elsewhere, How do you do it? Do I buy the sight and then have a local gunsmith install it? How can I know the local guy knows what he is doing. If, I choose a non local smith, will Glock ship pistol to him and he installs site and sends to me? Obviously I have only owned pure stock guns. But now I can shoot better and would like a choice in sights. Thank you.

Fixed sights always line up in the center of the slide. For Glocks - as with most modern guns - there is no sideways movement between barrel and slide. If you need to adjust windage, ie. the shots are hitting left or right of center then this usually indicate a problem with grip/stance/trigger control.

The gun should always shoot center (left to right) provided the shooter is doing their stuff. If the gun hits low or high then the front sight can be swapped out for one that is shorter or taller respectively.