Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

More Matches Vs Practice

MCGILLA

I have "Refinement and Repetition", in which there are 38 drills.  What is your advice for a solid 10-15 minute a day (maybe twice a day) dry fire practice session ? Rotate through all the drills?  Practice the skills you lack the most ?  Is there a daily plan that has worked well for you?

14 hours ago, bludog said:

What is your advice for a solid 10-15 minute a day (maybe twice a day) dry fire practice session

This will get you to B class, and if you're really naturally gifted maybe into A. 

Steve Anderson says it best, "learn to shoot the targets and then do everything else sooner."

Don't randomly work on stuff, focus on the basics of gun handling, reloading, movement, target transitions and come up with a plan to emphasize your  weakness.  The basics of the game have to be subconscious; which means if you have to think about it when running the stage you don't have it burned in. 

If you need a program and are willing to spend a couple of extra $ then join Casey Reed or Practical Shooting Training Group. Casey Reed provides a daily discipline dry-fire schedule and PSTG will give access to the little things top shooters train. 

Also take a class from a good USPSA shooter, Ben Stoeger, Todd Jarrett, Steve Anderson, JJ, Tim Herron, Charlie Perez to name a few.

It will consume you! 😈

Thank you for the advice.  Steve Anderson has been a great resource for me but I was unaware of the Casey Reed daily dry fire program.  Seems like a good fit for me with lots of video instruction.  You're right. It is consuming.  I'll need to watch that.

Again, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...