Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik TP9SFX stock recoil spring weight

TheRealStallman

Does anyone know what the stock recoil spring weight is for the TP9SFX?

I'm currently set up for my 147gr loads (14# Wolff on a W74 Tungsten Guide Rod/6# ghost striker spring) but I was curious what weight Wolff spring I would look for to shoot 124gr factory loads if I needed to.

I get that I could just put the stock RSA back in, but I like the W74 rod

23 hours ago, TheRealStallman said:

Does anyone know what the stock recoil spring weight is for the TP9SFX?

I'm currently set up for my 147gr loads (14# Wolff on a W74 Tungsten Guide Rod/6# ghost striker spring) but I was curious what weight Wolff spring I would look for to shoot 124gr factory loads if I needed to.

I get that I could just put the stock RSA back in, but I like the W74 rod

I believe it's PFH (pretty forquing heavy), bordering on ridiculously heavy.

If you contact them, they'll send you a lighter unit. Pretty easy company to deal with.

14 hours ago, robertg5322 said:

I believe it's PFH (pretty forquing heavy), bordering on ridiculously heavy.

If you contact them, they'll send you a lighter unit. Pretty easy company to deal with.

I'm really just looking for a Wolff commander spring with a comparable spring weight of the stock or blue captured spring from the Canik Factory.

2 hours ago, TheRealStallman said:

I'm really just looking for a Wolff commander spring with a comparable spring weight of the stock or blue captured spring from the Canik Factory.

Wouldn't an actual stock spring unit be as good or better than a substitute?

You'll also need a guide rod unless you're reusing the stock unit with the aftermarket spring.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent an e mail to their distributor, they sent me the lower powered recoil spring unit no charge. Feels like about 14 or 15 lbs, cycles with 124g, 135 pf ammo and tosses brass about six feet. Gun seems to shoot flat and fast.

A low power Glock striker block plunger spring took the hitch out of the trigger pre travel, and a 6 lb Glock striker spring brought the trigger pull down to 2 lbs. 

So far I'm into the gun the cost of two springs (about $6.00) and six magazines, and it has a light, smooth trigger with no over travel and a super short reset. Kind of a long take up/pre travel, but that doesn't bother me