Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ppc Revolvers

Chuck D

Question:

If you were building a new PPC wheelgun, would you install a sight rib that offers a 3 position front or rear sight assembly (7,25, 50 yard settings) ?

Is there an advantage of having one over the other? Does one hold its settings better than the other?

Thanks....

:)

I liked the rear adjustable Aristocrat with a knob (TS-6T). The regular Triset requires a screw driver.

The front adjust is nice too but I never really liked using it..it always seemed like you could bump the setting on the draw.

The Ron Power sight rib is nice but a little busy with 4 positions. There you can switch in between neck hold and center hold at 25 or where ever.

If you are going to go with the Aristocrat, I would go with the rear adjustable. It's a lot easier to understand and make adjustments on the fly for lighting changes.

I have a Wichita rib, identical to the Ron Power 4-position rib. It's expensive ($240 vs $180 or so for the Aristocrat) but the sight picture is incredible. It has a built-in Weaver mount for optics, the aforementioned 4 positions for elevation, and an adjustable front sight to account for on the fly adjustments for lighting.

I don't use a neck hold (to risky if the target doesn't align right after the turn or isn't perfectly vertical & square) so I use positions 1 & 2 for 25 yards and 50 yards when shooting outdoors with overhead cover, and positions 3 & 4 for 25 yards and 50 yards shooting outdoors with no cover overhead (direct sunlight on the shooter and the target). It may sound like a lot to deal with, but trust me, you'll notice the difference lighting makes on your point of impact/point of aim.