Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Iron Sights - 10/22 with Picatinnay Rail - Wiland ULW Barrel

Hoops

I have Magnum Research recievers.  Wiliand ULW barrel.   I want to set up one of my guns with Iron (fiber optic) front sight and rear ghost ring.  I purchased Wiland iron sight optics but the standard 10/22 front and rear height they come in will not get the height off TOP of BARREL that I want.  I prefer 1-5/8" to 1-3/4" so I don't have scrunch my head down during SCSC matches.  I also purchased Wiland PCC front FO blade and two PCC rear blades.  TOO tall.  I cut down the front PCC blade and drilled a ghost hole in one of the taller PCC ghost ring blades.  It looks decent but I lost the extra outside circle material around the hole and it's a bit too close to the now straight edges.  Repainted it and baked in oven.  Works but not the best presentation.

I have spoken with Todd/Wiland and he is looking at developing a "middle" height rear ghost ring and front FO blade for more 10/22 picatinnay rail options.  But I know he is already struggling to keep up on current orders so I'm not sure how long it may take.

I am wondering if anyone on Enos has found a set-up that works and give height adjustments.  I search the web and so far ...no go.   The Wiland ULW barrel which is a smaller diameter so his fron barrel clamp works fine.  I can get by with the front blade now that I have cut it  down.    What I'm looking for is a rear adjustable ghost ring that fits on a picatinny receiver rail and adjust up to get 1-5/8" (3/4").  Also.....Wiland does not have rear windage adjustment so you have to rotate the front blade.  I have done this.  Doesn't take much twist to move to zero.

Thanks....

This probably won't help you but what I did was to 3d print my own adapters to run the Wiland 10/22 front sight insert and PCC rear sight insert on my PCC.  Through trial and error I configured them to the same height as my C-More Railway.

3 minutes ago, apoc4lypse said:

This probably won't help you but what I did was to 3d print my own adapters to run the Wiland 10/22 front sight insert and PCC rear sight insert on my PCC.  Through trial and error I configured them to the same height as my C-More Railway.

Actually this did help.  Reminded me I have a friend who is clever with 3D printer he has.

thanks...