Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bdh Nearly Flattened By Punkin Gun Misfire!

Well, I am happy to say that I survived yet another World Championship! That's right, Deb and I (with some good friends) made the trip to the thriving metropolis of Millsboro, Delaware to once again take in the World Championship PUNKIN CHUNKIN Championships!!! World Punkin Chunkin Championships

Before you laugh, this was the 20th ANNUAL World Championship, so it is a big deal and highly recommended. If you want to see some guns that make MAJOR, let's examine the air cannons, some of which have barrels as long as 155 feet, and can shoot a 10# pumpkin more than 4000 feet!! :o

Anyway, if I can figure out how to get the video off my new video camera and on to my PC, I can share some highlights (including the near miss that almost got me). Meanwhile, to get a flavor for this, check out some of the videos that you can pull from their home site.

I'm tellin' ya... TOO MUCH FUN! :D

man i knew u were crazy a long time ago.. but not this crazy... still looks like fun.. now what can we ai'm the pumpkins at.... cars? houses? wow.. and we thought an Egging was a mess!

If you get a chance, you 'may' catch this on the Discovery Channel. They were recording there years ago when we were out there. It is a GREAT documentary about the people, the punkins, the machines, etc. There is a scene where a couple of dudes (both chemical engineers in real life) are test firing their air cannon at a Blazer parked in their backyard. TOOOOO FUNNY! Also, they also 'hand load' by growing their punkins in special patches with secret stuff to grow a punkin that can resist the pressure of the air cannons.... ;) I know it's weird, but just goes to show how creative humans can be....

I'll try to put some video up if I can figure out my camera this weekend.... :blink:

Edited by BDH

they also 'hand load' by growing their punkins in special patches with secret stuff to grow a punkin that can resist the pressure of the air cannons....

Ah, the sinister "assault pumpkins" sought by criminals everywhere.

<_<

they also 'hand load' by growing their punkins in special patches with secret stuff to grow a punkin that can resist the pressure of the air cannons....

Ah, the sinister "assault pumpkins" sought by criminals everywhere.

<_<

The import ban for pumpkins with over 10 seeds will come into effect 01/01/06. I understand that barrels under 16 ft will also be banned along with those on the list designated as "Thanksgiving Night Specials"... :o