Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What One Never Expects From A Belt/holster

joseywales

This past weekend at the North Texas Championship we had a stage where unloaded gun & all mags were in a box 20-25 ft away from the start position. 24 round stage (11 paper, 2 steel), so most of us needed a reload.

The plan:

run to the box,

open the box, grab unloaded gun with strong hand,

grab two mags with weak hand,

place one mag in first mag pouch ON BELT,

load the gun with other mag,

engage 1st array of 4 targets while moving...

Looking carefully, you'll see that "belt & holster falling off body" is not in the plan!

It's amazing the thoughts that go through your mind as you feel the belt coming off as you're shooting...

Well, it was entertaining...

It may have been a blessing in disguise. You were still 5th overall on the stage! I used your intended plan and lost about 1.5 seconds or so stuffing the mag in the pouch. I stepped too quickly while stuffing the mag and nearly went past the 180 on the first target. Wiers and Mick both just held the extra mag in their hand. Actually the way you ended up shooting it was the way I'd have preferred to shoot it. David Long did it that way and shaved 3.5 seconds off my time.

Edited by carinab

• 1 month later...
Looking carefully, you'll see that "belt & holster falling off body" is not in the plan!

It's amazing the thoughts that go through your mind as you feel the belt coming off as you're shooting...

Well, it was entertaining...

Steve, do you wear an underbelt? My CR is so "sticky" I don't think it could fall off!

Good to see you this past weekend.

Andy C.