Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

T.v. B.s.!

Bigbadaboom

Watching what I thought was going to be a pretty cool T.V. series "Criminal Minds" and then they portray the psycho nut-case wanabee sniper with an M-4 as a military reject who was dishonorably discharged and the show a "RANGER" tattoo on his arm. Why the hell does it have to be a "RANGER" tat? Why couldn't it be a tattoo of a supply desk or the letters R.E.M.F.?

This crap just pisses me off. Now there's another otherwise good show that I have to boycot.

Watching what I thought was going to be a pretty cool T.V. series "Criminal Minds" and then they portray the psycho nut-case wanabee sniper with an M-4 as a military reject who was dishonorably discharged and the show a "RANGER" tattoo on his arm. Why the hell does it have to be a "RANGER" tat? Why couldn't it be a tattoo of a supply desk or the letters R.E.M.F.?

This crap just pisses me off. Now there's another otherwise good show that I have to boycot.

Usually it's the Marines that seem to get the bad rap from hollyweird. REMF! Would be pretty funny.

Edited by walangkatapat

I think the hollywood haters like to take someone respected (like a Ranger) and portray them as fallen.

In the minds of most Americans, Soldiers like Rangers and Marines are our favorite sons/daughters and considered to be very much the best of what we are capable of. The Hollywood writers likely get a sick pleasure from making them look bad.

FWIW, there is a guy who goes around my neighborhood with USMC tattoos, stickers all over his truck and a hat with E8 Chevrons on it saying, "USMC Retired". My dad enlisted in the marines the same time he did, and knows for a fact that guy was there for 6 years on a 4 year enlistment, because of all the time spent in the brig. He was discharged (possibly dishonorably) as an E1. So many of those tats are in fact REMF, or worse.

Ted