Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SPS Pantera 9mm MAGAZINE Alternatives?

MuayThaiJJ

After staring at a SPS Pantera I'm gonna buy one. I have a buncha of Para-18 clones that work in double stack 1911's. Will it work for the Pantera too?

I will be building a new Pantera upper in 9mm for this project (since the only Pantera I can get it in 45acp), and likely putting a new steel grip too.

I assume that since STI mags work in double stack 1911's and 2011's, the P-18's should work as well.

thanks!

The STI (or equivalent) mag tubes have a more gradual taper than the Para tubes. This is why the Para mag typically holds one more round than an STI tube. I actually use SPS tubes in my 2011 and I had to taper the bottom of the frame to allow the mags to achieve the full height. The Para tubes may require the same or more. 

Good luck,

Chuck

I had a Pantera for a while and used the MBX mags. They are pricey but well worth it. The factory mags as they come arent the best. The ones that came with mine would explode when dropped during a match. Not litterally explode but the base plates would fly off and bullets and spring would go everywhere.