Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Handguard Help: Aero Precision vs Midwest Industries

Ham

On 12/23/2020 at 3:25 PM, mpeltier said:

I think you miss understand my point of the barrel nut being of lesser quality. I was more referring to the design. Not all barrel nuts/handguards are created equally and the barrel nut does many things. The most common failure I have seen was the barrel nuts ability to keep the Handguard in place. This was in every case with an aluminum barrel nut. Never actually broken, or failed to secure the barrel. My game gun has a PRI carbon fiber Handguard with an aluminum barrel nut. Not the lightest on the planet but its pretty stout. Ive actually seen a few broken receivers, but every one was from ammo related issues. The barrel nut was of no significance.

I see. The S-one has a rather unique attachment method for the handguard to the barrel nut, it does need loctite but once loctited I've not had any problems.

• 9 months later...

Go to 2A and get drilled pins and lite weight Bolt release and mag release.   Get a xanthos builder from 2A.   I've built a lite weight AR10 6.5CM (20" barrel) with a build weight just over 6#.

Edited by K-Tex
duplicate