Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Most Difficult Upgrade For My Ruger 22/45 Lite

AzShooter

I've done about a dozen installs of the Volquartsen Accurizing Kit to Ruger Mark IV 22/45s and Mark IIIs.  After the first one that took just over an hour I normally can do it in 15 minutes with no problems.

I recently had to send my Mark IV back to Ruger because I accidentally broke the frame.  Knowing Ruger will replace any non OEM part and charge for their new parts I sent it in without any of the internals.  Surprisingly I got it back 3 days later with a brand new complete frame.  Great Customer Service.

Now for the fun part.  I had to re-install my Volquartsen Kit.  As always it took 15 minutes.  The problem is that the gun would fire 3 - 4 rounds with not problem but would not let me fire the fifth round.  I couldn't figure this one out.  After 2 hours of assembly/re-assembly I was about to give up but I mentioned the problem on another web sight and the first response was a simple one.  Having a Tandemkross Victory Trigger installed as well I was told that occasionally the trigger wouldn't reset with the lighter VQ plunger spring.

I put the OEM spring back in and voila... No more problem.  Now I will shoot it in practice until I get 1000 rounds without a failure before I shoot it in another match.  My back-up gun is working great so I will shoot it at the next match if my testing isn't done yet.

I also installed a new set of StonerCNC grips.

Black Mamba Stoner Grips 11 2020.jpg