Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XL750 with a Micrometer Seating die, same issues as with a bulletfeeder

So, I have a 750 on its way arriving next week.  I am planning on using my Redding micrometer seating die in station 4.  I know that you need the DAA short powder bar to use a bullet feeder due to the powder bar on the 750 hanging over that station.

Can I expect the same issue with the Redding die?  It is taller, but I am not sure if it is tall enough to interfere with the powder bar.....I am fine purchasing the short powder bar, but obviously don't want to spend the money if it isn't needed.  At the moment I am leaning toward just buying it and returning it if needed.

On 11/17/2020 at 4:55 PM, SteelCityShooter said:

I have a 650 and I believe the powder measure and the die setups are very similar to the 750.  I have Redding micrometer bullet seaters on both 9mm and .357/.38 Special tool heads and they clear the powder bars with no problems at all.

I ended up picking up the short powder bar since I am planning on adding a bullet feeder eventually.  No issues with it at all.  Turns out that the normal powder bar did not interfere with the micrometer die at all, it is short enough that it would fit under it.