Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Autotrickler v3 w/A&D FX-120i scale question

Just ordered me a Autotrickler v3 with a A&D FX-120i scale. Was looking at the Area419 Complete v3 Accessory kit for this setup.  

Knowing that the weighing capacity of the FX-120i is 122 grams, I was wondering what that capacity was reduced to when using the Area419 powder cup and cup tray (that replaces the OEM tray). Does anyone have this setup and if so, do you know what the weighing capacity is with it?

Thanks and stay safe!

• 3 weeks later...

If you look at the cup on their webpage, the info is there. 

Introducing, the Area 419 Billet Powder Cup. Lathe spun from billet 6061 Aluminum and weighing in at just over 700 grains this cup has a water weight capacity of more than 750 grains and will allow you to throw nearly three full 50BMG loads into the cup at once.

It's not worth worrying about.  The shot glass is heavy, but only ~1/3 of the scale's capacity.  Unless you're loading cannon shells there is plenty of capacity remaining.   If you're loading .50 BMG or its derivatives (CheyTac, Barret, etc.), the glass may not have enough capacity; that's the only issue I can think of.  I have the V3 Autotrickler and none of the Area 419 "upgrades" look to be worth the coin; for the V1 or V2, maybe it would make sense.

Edited by Ronemus