Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

For those of you who regularly (or not quite so much) ship pistols, which carrier do you prefer and why?  Any pointers you might lend to keep the Shipping Nazi's (all in fun folks, I have heard horror stories) off my back when I go to ship the pistol?  

Thanks in advance

FedEx 3 Day Economy.  I once shipped a box with two fully tricked-out comp guns and a carry gun back to the gunsmith who had loaned them to me.  I insured it with UPS (I was getting free shipping, but only UPS then) for $6000.  The driver asked what it was, and told me "they" may open it to verify the contents.

I told him they were carefully packed, and opening them and incorrectly repacking them could cause damage in shipment.  I also told him I was going to call the recipient right away and tell him if the package had been opened to refuse to accept it, and that legal proceedings would immediately result.

He got this "why do I let those idiots in the office get me in these predicaments?" look and said "They might open it, but they hardly ever do."

Since then, FedEx for me.

The package arrived unopened.