Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ezwinscore Match Results With Flashpaper

wgnoyes

• 1 month later...
Bill, I've got match results in Flashpaper format. Whats the trick to import the into my site? I use Frontpage to maintain it. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, Microsoft of course is not going to do anything to help you display flash content in a web page, as flash isn't a MS product. I got off the Frontpage..., um, "band wagon" earlier year and went to Adobe/Macromedia Dreamweaver, which is pretty much I think the industry standard for webpage work and makes the task of adding flash material nothing more than a simple pulldown menu item exercise.

So, the best I can do is refer you to an Adobe/Macromedia webpage that explains the html code necessary to display flash components.

Flash TechNote: Macromedia Flash OBJECT and EMBED tag syntax

Edited by wgnoyes

Really! Mine doesn't, or at least I don't see it. I've got Frontpage 2002; it looks like you're running the version after that. As I said, I don't use it anymore; I went the Dreamweaver route, but good that you found a built-in way to do it. I can deal with html code but if I don't have to, I won't.

I'm curious: you're running ezws, but how are you supporting non-standard divisions like W3G? Something internal? Or is the reason you printed .txt files to flashpaper is so that you can manually edit the division name in the listings?

Edited by wgnoyes

Bill,

When I entered scores, I put Open as Open, Tactical as Limited, Standard as Limited 10 and W3G as Revolver. Later I just did a global find and replace. For the San Angelp system, I used the Additional Penality box for minor rifle. Worked pretty good once I got started.

One other thing we did in the match was to make it a much freestyle as possible. Our rules for most stages were "no jacketed bullets on steel (safety issue), no pistol engagements of clays (clays are not handgun targets per rulebook), and shot on paper doesn't count. On one stage in particular we had steel poppers, a Texas star, clays on holders and 6 paper targets protected by no shoots at a challenging distance. It was shot many different ways depending on the competitor's skill, equipment and experience. I think the challenge of planning which engagement was best for them made it a really enjoyable experience. I know a bunch wanted to shoot it again with a different scheme.

Thanks again for the point to Flashpaper. I really like it.

Edited by itento