Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

two stage vs single stage

chi

Which is better to have?   And by whom?   From what Ive read AS (jake Kempton) is a real good one to have the trigger worked on.   But Jewell make a good one also.    thanks

Also are Colt lowers good or are they're better ones.   I have a Colt and was under the impression that Colt was

the original one to get.   Iam being mislead?   thanks

Chi:

You seem to caught in an equipment delima. Both style of triggers work very well, but if you are not use to a 2 stage trigger it can be a little disconcerting. I like a single stage on an AR because it has a pistol grip and tends to place your hand in the same possition as a pistol in relation to the trigger (go figure). On my M1A ... well a 2 stage is what a real rifle comes with ( there are many real rifles not just M1As).

Some really good shooters like a 2 stage on ARs. Once again roll the dice, throw a dart, E.T.C. Try both if you can and go with the one you like.

Great words to live by are....if you cant decide between two items, buy more ammo and practice more, with the money you saved by not buying them. Jeff Cooper said it best  when he said many people are hung up on inconsiquential increments I.E. barrle twist, bullet weight. I am not saying that a good trigger is inconsiquential, I'm just saying "wich one" is, as long as it is a quality part.

Colt is a very fine lower reciever. You are just fine with it.                                                 KURT

thanks for the advise!   Its just that I too much and start thinking and want to ask questions.   Maybe I have too much time on my hands

(Edited by chi at 3:00 pm on July 17, 2002)

As usual, Kurt is right on the money.  I will say that some 2 stage triggers (the Kreiger-Milazzo) require that the shooter go back through both stages to reset, unlike an M14 2 stage trigger.  So every shot you start from the beginning at the first stage, not a problem in highpower but a little disconcerting in 3 gunning, at least to me.  I'm not sure if Jewells are the same way.