Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N320 Data

tacmedic

My local rep has convinced me to try the Vihtavuori powder and unfortunately I haven't been able to get in touch with him to figure out my starting load. I have found all kinds of data for the other powders but none for N320. I shoot .45 ACP Jacketed Hollow Point @ 185 grains. Zero bullets if you must know. Where do I start. I do shoot IPSC and IDPA so power factor is a concern

HELP!!!!

richcanino@hotmail.com

Edited by tacmedic

Well the best place to look is Vihtavuori load data manual. The manual shows a start load, for 185 jacked bullet, of 5.8 grains of vv320 which should give a velocity of 955 FPS which is a PF of 176, more that enough for major in IPSIC or IDPA.

• 3 weeks later...

I started with 5.0 VV320, 200 gr Rainier 200SWC with Win case and Federal primers. I just started shooting this load this last week so no long term results yet. So far shoots very good , no smoke , no pressure and very,very accurate. I was suprised at the low recoil of this load. VV says this should be around 900fps or so. Works good for me.

Mike in OKC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there ......... JUST washed my hands from reloading and sat down to check the forum. I am loading with the exact components you are interested in. I am running 4.5grs N320 and 230fmj Zero @ 1.252"oal. Velocities in my custom Caspian 5" are around 720fps. Which just make the required P.F. in IDPA and IPSC. HH