Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which guide rod do I have?

Edwards30

I purchased a Glock 34 Gen 3 with some parts on it including this guide rod and spring.

I believe it to be Tungsten but I honestly don’t know.  It weighs in at 69 grams or 2.4oz without a spring.  It is about 7mm in diameter.  It also sits flush with my Glock 34 slide at the end.

The spring on it is rounded and I noticed on a lot of sites they are flat.  Can I interchange springs as I wish?  I’d like to try a 15# and 17# since I have a lightened slide.  I was also going to go with an ISMI spring, but would love some experienced shooters opinions.

Thanks in advance for helping with my basic questions.

https://imgur.com/a/shC5kNa

Edited by Edwards30
I didn't proofread

It’s so hard to tell just from a pic, could be a jentra.  Looks like it might be too large of a diameter for ismi springs, so stick with Wolff.  If you’re shooting +p then go for the 15lb spring, if not then you can go lighter.  So many variables, just experiment and see what you like.

On 6/30/2020 at 8:34 PM, CharlieD said:

It’s so hard to tell just from a pic, could be a jentra.  Looks like it might be too large of a diameter for ismi springs, so stick with Wolff.  If you’re shooting +p then go for the 15lb spring, if not then you can go lighter.  So many variables, just experiment and see what you like.

Sorry, didn't see this somehow.  It does kind of look like the Jentra but not beveled on the end like theirs.  I ordered Wolf springs instead of ISMI so I guess I just got lucky there.

The seller said it was from Glockmeister but theirs appear to be the kind where you place a screw in the end, similar to a 1911 kind of.

I ordered some of the steel washers from GlockStore but they are not big enough so I guess that rules them out as well.