Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Stealth holster

Ok, well I take it back.  I dove in head first and bought a new Limcat.  Now I've got a whole new series of questions.  I'm trying to get it working with a Para Ordnance 16.40 frame and I'm having problems getting it to fit snugly but still operate smoothly.  

1.  The gun will lock in when holstered but it's pretty stiff.  My trigger guard doesn't move the lower section of the locking pin far enough in to allow the locking lever to smoothly push the top of the locking pin in place.  It basically has to jump up on to it.  FYI, I did make sure to change to the Para specific locking pin before I got started so that shouldn't be it.

2.  There is still a good bit of movement when the gun is locked in.  It will move slightly side to side as well as front to back.  It can also move upwards (in the drawing motion) a good half inch when locked in.  It isn't coming out but it does concern me.  Is this unusual or do all Limcats on Para frames have "wiggle room"?  I can see that having a squared off trigger guard like an SV/STI and possibly even a full length dust cover would eliminate many of these problems but I don't have them so I need Para advice.  

3.  This isn't really a problem as far as I know but I did want to mention that I don't have three hex screws just under the locking lever to lock in the center piece that actually grips the trigger guard.  Mine only came with two.  It looks like it was designed that way as there are only two holes in the center part.  Everything I've been able to find including the directions that came with the holster mention three screws so I'm wondering if I have a new version, an old version, or the wrong version?  

Any help would be most appreciated.  

Thanks,

John

(Edited by Patches at 5:12 pm on Nov. 27, 2001)

Patches,

My Limcat has two screws too.  I guess that is the way they are made now, since Johnny handed me this holster himself.  As for the looseness, adjust the locking blocks position by loosing the two screws, and sliding it forward.  My holster was loose on my SV and this cured it.