Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TiN Coated Powder Funnel for Dillon

Recently I purchased a new powder funnel from Photoescapeinc.com for my Dillon 650 setup.  I heard that supposedly they are the manufacturer of the powder funnel for the MBF.  One of the recommendations in using it is to actually lube the brass as the powder funnel places a minor step in the belling that allows the bullet to set very stable with minimal belling.  I was curious if anyone has ever taken one of these powder funnels or one of the Dillon powder funnels and had it TiN coated to allow for a smoother belling operation?  If so, did it help smooth out the belling process by eliminating the brass hanging up on it? 

Thanks

454bore:

Photo Escape is actually manufacturing the powder funnel to original specs, here in the USA,  as designed by MBF/RAK Systems.  The are also available here:

http://uniquetek.com/product/T1582

I have also considered many times sending one of my MBF funnels out for TiN coating.  So I'll be following your thread closely!

Thanks!

👍

Couldn't hurt.  My MBF funnel gave a pretty could pop initially, but smoothed out gradually.  Combination of cases that have generally been fired multiple times, Hornady One Shot Case Lube and a Mark VII - I only hear an occasional sticking case.