Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dude looks like a lady

So....

My friend and I are at the gun show this weekend checking out the stuff.  We walk by this one guy who is looking at a gun.  He's really struggling with opening the action.  He's repeatedly yanking on the operating handle but can't get it open.  My buddy and I trade glances like, "wow, some people just shouldn't handle firearms" as if we've never had moments like this ourselves.

Anyway, we continue walking around the room (which contained mostly class 3 stuff, some big ones too) when this stranger walks by us and says, "Look at that!  That's Aerosmith over there."  I'm pretending that I don't know this stranger because he's kinda scary looking.  He persists and keeps saying, "Look, look over there..."  I finally look and sure enough, it's Steven Tyler of Aerosmith.

The funny thing is, my buddy realized that it was Steven Tyler that was the guy fumbling with the action.  Too strange, I stood 2 feet away from him and didn't even recognize him.

Anyway, he was checking out all of the firearms and seemed very interested.  He was asking all sorts of questions.  Who knows, perhaps we'll have another Ted Nuggent one day.

OK, enough of the "celebrity sightings."

Quote: from EricW on 1:55 pm on Dec. 11, 2001

Now would someone explain to me the "Jamie's got a gun" thing.   Just which side of the issue is Mr. Tyler on?

Eric

I seem to recall an interview with ST after this song was released.  The interviewer asked, "What does the song mean?"  (Gawd, I hate when they do that!)  ST rather bluntly stated, "She's been molested, is angry, and is seeking revenge.  That's it."  I don't think there was an agenda in mind regarding these lyrics.  He/they are just telling a story.

Mike