Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 750 Primers Issue

I recently got a new 750. Really frustrated with the primer system. Primers are not picked consistently but a single primer test is fine. When I pushed the rod the live primer is flying all over the place. Called Dillon a few times. Replaced the blue tip, checked the alignment, cleaned up everything. Now I ran out of options. What's happening?

Check the overall installed height of the primer cup on in the primer bar. I believe it is 1.385” +/- .005

If it is too low the primers will flip out of the cup or if too high be knocked out of the plastic fingers.
 The manual gives a good picture and text of the procedure. 

On 5/20/2020 at 3:47 AM, Nc1911 said:

Cheby,  did you get the system to work properly?

No really. I have a working theory that it may be related to the overall  height of the primer cup on in the primer bar as you mentioned. I actually played with that before and it seemed to be more reliable when the height within the spec. However, it is impossible to keep it at the this height. No matter how much I tighten the screw, after 200 rds or less, it goes back to 1.370. I called Dillon and they told me it should not be a problem at that height.... Thanks 

Edited by cheby

Well if you are going to upgrade go to a Mark 7 so you can run a powder check.

The Dillons,  1050 and 1100,  just don’t have enough stations.😪

Edited by Nc1911