Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Keres trigger with Apex Trigger bar in X5 Legion?

Doubletap54

I just dropped a Keres Dynamics dynamics trigger into my X5Legion.  Significant improvements in take up, over travel, and reset.  Unfortunately it also added approximately a half a pound to my trigger pull.  Currently running 5 Lbs +.  Has anyone ever tried the Apex  trigger bar with the Keres trigger?  Not even sure if this would fly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

10 hours ago, Doubletap54 said:

I just dropped a Keres Dynamics dynamics trigger into my X5Legion.  Significant improvements in take up, over travel, and reset.  Unfortunately it also added approximately a half a pound to my trigger pull.  Currently running 5 Lbs +.  Has anyone ever tried the Apex  trigger bar with the Keres trigger?  Not even sure if this would fly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have the Keres adjustable trigger and Apex bar in what was a P320F.

They do seem to play well together.

So using current intel, if you replace your trigger bar, there should not be any issues since no Legion internal parts will be present except for the striker spring which

has been reported to be "softer" than the standard spring.

One of the armorers on here has reported that the "Legion Trigger Bar" is the same bar that is used in the external safety models.

So there's that bit of intel.

My trigger pulls at under 2lbs....it's about perfect for me and this range gun.

What I have done :

Keres adjustable trigger

Apex trigger bar

Gray Guns sear

Gray Guns spring kit (using the lighter group of springs in the kit)

Gray Guns safety lever pin

Apex over-travel bushing (probably redundant but I left it in)

The original P320F (of which not much is left) came to me pulling at 4lbs.

So I had a remarkable trigger to begin with.

Of all that "stuff" listed above, I would say that the real magic was in that Gray Guns sear.

The "break quality" with that sear is unmatched by anything coming out of the Mothership (SIG NH).

To get the GG sear and GG full spring kit, you have to buy the Hybrid Kit which is $149

The Gray Guns trigger in that kit is just over-travel adjustable.

Who knows, that may be enough but I think it's pretty cool to able to dial in the take-up that I like.

ETA:

When I initially installed the Apex bar in what was a bone stock P320F pulling at 4lbs, the Apex bar dropped pull weight to 3lbs.

Using a Lyman digital and average of 10 pulls.

Edited by DirectDrive

38 minutes ago, Doubletap54 said:

Thank you for the insight, I appreciate it. Sounds like yours turned out well. I’m trying to minimize excessive expenditures on the trigger.Although I may have to...

You can settle for an OK trigger and save a few bucks.

If you want a truly great trigger, you have to "pay to play".

Adding the Apex bar, just might get your pull weight where you want it, though.

On 4/24/2020 at 12:49 AM, Doubletap54 said:

I did and took it out- went with the GG comp kit with the trigger. Try it. Its worth the money and the reset and everything else

it was the competition kit has new sear, and springs- P320ST

P320 Straight trigger

TRG-SIG-320-ST on my package- might have come with a trigger, don't remember.

And the Keres trigger was used