Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry Fire Training Pistol

JesseKH

I saw a dry fire training pistol at www.dry-fire.com and was just wondering if anybody here has tried one. It has a double action first trigger pull followed by single action trigger pulls until it is reset. This sounds like it could be a very useful dry fire tool for multiple targets, but I thought I would bounce the idea off this forum before I bought one. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Don’t throw away 40$ on a “dry-fire gun” :o !!!

The whole idea off dry fire is to familiarize yourself with the gun you use in competition. Using a special dry-fire gun defeats this purpose.

Do a search on dry fire on this forum, reed the post and you will be a lot wiser on the subject.

I bought one of those. It's OK. It grossly simulates the DA/SA pull. I guess the good thing about it is that you don't have to keep on cocking it.

But you are generally better off using a real pistol when you compare the two. I'd recommend the pistol ONLY if you do not have access to a real pistol. If you plan to dryfire at work... in the car during lunch... etc. it's a good option.