Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17 Or 34

rupie

Whats everyone's opinion, how much comp do you need to flatten 9mm major, compaired to barrel lenght to make major? is a 4 port or more to long to go on a g 34, making to long of a gun? or would shorter comps like kkm work? if you need more of a comp then would it be better to have a glock 17 so the overall lenght of the gun isnt as long?

I think it would be more practical to use the G17 because the slide is lighter.

I thought the 17 and 34 slide were the same weight? I do agree that the 17 may be a better choice, a 34 open gun gets a bit long. My G17 is running 2 blow holes

in the barrel and an 8 port comp (4 top, 4 side), and the dot never leaves the

glass on my Docter, using 172 PF loads.

If you want to use a g34 just go with a couple of barrel ports and a 3 port comp... If you use the 17 length slide get the 4 port comp then you can add barrel porting later if the comp is not enough... I have a BrianH 4port on my g22 length slide and it works well.....

I think it would be more practical to use the G17 because the slide is lighter.

I thought the 17 and 34 slide were the same weight? I do agree that the 17 may be a better choice, a 34 open gun gets a bit long. My G17 is running 2 blow holes

in the barrel and an 8 port comp (4 top, 4 side), and the dot never leaves the

glass on my Docter, using 172 PF loads.

G17raider whos comp are you using? out of what material?

I am not running a comp currently. At one time, I was really thinking about converting my G17 into an open pistol but in the end, decided not to. So during that whole time of considering, I did a ton of research.

Anyway, what it looks like from a separate thread, titanium is the comp to go for. However, if I was to get into open, I'd use the KKM barrel with the 4-port comp for an ease of buying it as one piece and dropping it in.

My .02

Edited by G17raider