Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can't Zero My Sights...

cautery

Man... let this one go a while. OK... Installed the 0.300" front blade. This gave just enough to get the POI/POA the same at 25 yards.... actually with a few clicks to spare. Think I'm going to go ahead and put a melted Bomar rear on this winter, so I can get the zero closer to mechanical zero.... and use a shorter front blade.

BTW, the folks at Dawson are simply cool people to deal with...

FYI I had the same problem with an aftermarket 9mm conversion barrel in one of my G35s. It shot about 3" high @ 25 yds. I took .005" off the step in front of the barrel hood. Zeroed it right up. I don't use adjustable sights on my Glocks. I've never seen the need for them.

I shot a friends gun with one of the tall front sights on it. Boy did that feel weird. Felt like I was holding the gun a foot below my eye level. Don't think I could adjust to that.

Thanks Joe D - That confirms my comment from 1 OCT at 0917hrs in this thread where I theorized that cutting some material off that face would help. Nice to know someone has actually done it successfully. :)

Shoot the Glock with the Dawsons for a little while... You'd like them. ;)

Edited by cautery

The drop-in KKM barrel in my G35 (actually a G24 barrel that I chopped) hit high. I forget how much now. :o But, it is atleast as high as the one Joe mentioned.

I thought about touching it with a stone at the area that Joe talks about. But, it hasn't proven to be an issue (made GM with it and the gun shoots competitively).

In fact, for USPSA stuff, I think it might help. I get to see more "pumkin on my post" at the distant targets. No worries about the front sight covering up the target.

(I should start a thread on a good zero for 180s doing 950fps.)