Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 650 Primer Assembly

kmitchl

I'm looking for a suggestions for more quickly changing between loading 9mm and .45 ACP on a 650. I have two separate toolheads that are completely equipped. The other change required is switching between large and small primers. Is there any benefit to having two primer assemblies - one setup for large and a second setup for small?

Also is there a better way to install and remove the casefeed funnel adapter (the white thingy) in the case feeder when I switch cases other than removing the two screws from the case feeder.

Keith

I have two primer assemblies, one large, one small. Switching these without having to dis-asseble and re-assemble the primer assembly saves a lot of time. Can't answer about the case-feed, I don't have one (low ceiling, and lots of case tubes).

Keith- Try reloading the 9mm without the white thingy. I change between 9 and .40 and don't bother to put it in and the 9 feeds great. In fact, it feeds better without it. I got the idea here, lots of folks will agree.

I used the "white thingy" as a target for my airsoft...go without it, once in awhile you'll get a jam, a sideways case and then cases start to fill up the funnel. Pair of needlenose pliers pulls the cases out in a moment and then it's back to loading...

Two primers assemblys is the way to go, takes me about 5 minutes to change from 9/40 to 45...most of the time is spent waiting for the cases to drop out of the feeder, this is done while I change out toolheads and/or shellplates if going to different size. I use the same shellplate for 9/40 for the last 25k rounds, no problems yet...

michaels