Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changning Nose Piece Of Oakley

Rikarin

I have really really really really bitchin Oakley glass I was given. I really like this lens so changing lens shape is not option.

Problem is I have flat nose and it keep on slipping down. When its prone, the sights and frame lines up. Erik showed me a trick - softly place the nose piece - but its still no good.

Any idea to make nose piece part longer (to downward) and wider (towards face)? If lense has another 5mm around the nose piece pocket, it would be perfect. Any replacement nosepiece in different shape?

Thanks!

Another option is the head band thing that attaches to the ear-stems so it keeps the glasses on your head.

It wraps around the back of your head, I can't remember where I've seen them, I'll try to search tonight.

The Oakley nose piece is actually two pieces, one that attaches to the lens and the other that is held in place by two locators, you should be able to pull them apart and make something (out of foam rubber) that you can glue onto the part that sticks in the lens...

Hope i'm explaining that right...

Click Here ---> Neck-Cords

no_tail_adjustable.jpg

You don't mention what type of Oakley's that you have , but they do make nose-pieces for Asian fit, so maybe these would help. If you have a different type of frames than that listed below then you may want to email Oakley direct, they may be able to make some.

Asian Fit Ear-Socks/Nose Pieces

Edited by BritinUSA

Another option is wearing a pair of Peltor Shotgunner earmuffs. They are real low profile and do not get in the way with long guns. The extra friction they add to the frame earpieces keeps my Oakleys from riding forward/around on me. If I shoot without muffs, my Oakley's migrate when I gyrate and I hate that too. Nothing new about this when you get more physical going prone and shooting shotguns that kick you around as much as they kick the steel targets. Muffs also help me by preventing my skull right behind my ear from contacting the shotgun stock directly. This removes some of the vibration shock to my head. I still grind the cheek in, but this does reduce one contact point where vibration is getting into your headbone (or is it bonehead in my case). Another earmuff plus is that over a plugs, it protects you much better than plugs alone do. I use muffs for more than one reason ;-)

--

Regards,

I love Oakleys. I can't wear any of the "solid" frame Oakleys, though, except for the "wire" series. They won't stay on my nose, either. I wear Zeros (older style), and M-frames. They don't seem to have that problem.

I can put the others on, and have a neutral face position, and they sit fine. As soon as I smile, or frown, or something, they pop right off my nose...

So, depending on the style you have, you might be SOL, too :(

Oh, i thought I am the only flat nose having this problem. :D What an emotional support I am getting here :D

I wear M-Frame, lens shape is Strike. ;)

BritinUSA... ooooooh, asian nose piece.... I wish they have this for M-Frame!!

Neck cords would help too! Thanks for the great idea.

Goeff, yeah, I don't know how people can take earmuff. It gives me eareche. The top of the ear got squished hurts badly. And for me, sigh, one more weighty thing to carry :( I wish! Oh BTW, was the red earmuff I broke works? If not I broke it so I buy one!

Edited by Rikarin

Thanks I emiled them..

Also, I tried using "contact cement" which says it can glue rubber to glue a foam and nosepad... Failed! Nose pad doesn't accept it :(

I thought this nosepad material can be categorized as "rubber". Any suggestions???