Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS and Romeo3Max mounting screws

YVK

We know that the two optics have the same footprint. Does anyone know if they have the same thread on mounting screws?

I tried to mount a Romeo3Max on my Shadow 2 through a CZC adapter plate. I aborted the attempt after having significant resistance affixing the Romeo3 to the plate, which is a C-More RTS plate. It did feel that the threads or size were not compatible.

Though the mounting "patterns" are the same, the Sig body is significantly different given the shape of the lower front of the housing.  On an open gun dot mount, if there's a blast shield, you can't mount a Romeo 3 (Max or XL) on an RTS2 mount.  You can, however, mount an RTS2 to a Romeo 3 (Max or XL) mount.  It's possible  you're having the same or a similar issue.  I used the RTS2 screws on an Atlas R3 Max/XL mount without issue.  Didn't even think about it actually.

The CZC plate is flat and is longer than both. In other words, there was no interference. The problem was with tightening optic screws down. Too much resistance. Given that the plate is aluminum and has been known to get stripped, I didn't want to force it without checking first. 

I found some M4 x 16 screws and they worked considerably better than the OEM  R3M screws. Threaded with some resistance but went in and out fine, without stripping anything. Will need to trim the length but seems like I am back in business. Moderators, you can nuke this thread unless you want to leave it in for reference.