Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sprinco Recoil Reducer Legal For Limited/l-10?

mcb

So I have seen the Sprinco Recoil Reducer for my XD and I'm wondering if this is legal for Limited-10?

Second do they actually help your shooting? It seems to make sense, slowing the slide by increasing spring stiffness through the use of a second spring right before the sharp impact of the slide into the frame insert. I can definitly see how this would make your pistol last a bit longer but does it help with recoil control and getting your sights back on target quicker?

Any one use these in their guns? Anyone use one in an XD-40?

Thanks

mcb

I use one in my 45 kimber with a 13 pound spring and 200 grain bullets and I like it. the springco takes the waap out of the recoil on the fat bullet gun. would not think it would be that great for a minor load but have never used one in my XD. are they Legal in Production?

Hi Matt,

Tried one in my Walther P99 before I traded for an XD. My impression was that it gave a more rolling recoil than a standard spring which I didn't like. I am not sure how it would feel in the XD, but I have to say that I currently love the XD with a 16# spring and Don's guide rod. Then again, I prefer a fast sharp recoil with less muzzle flip to a softer recoil with more flip.

can't say what it would do in an XD but I've ran one in my limited SV for years and I happen to like it really well. I run a 10lb recoil spring so it cycles fast but the slide doesn't self destruct. I have 50k through the gun at least 40k with the same sprinco in it. :D

The one thing that is for sure is you risk nothing trying it. Alan has a money back guarantee if you don't like it. If you decide to give it a try, the one thing I would tell you is that if you feel the "rolling" kind of recoil that some describe.... then you are sprung to heavily. The Sprinco is designed for, and loves a sharp fast recoil and that is the kind of recoil that allows the slide to move faster and allowing a "mass in motion" reduction of perceived recoil with less muzzle flip and dip.

Thanks guys,

I guess I might just give it a try and maybe reduce my recoil spring a bit more. Like RayKu I am also running a 16lb spring and one of Don's solid stainless steel guide rods in my XD-40 Tactical.

Rayku I thought you were shooting a fancy STI or SV in limited? When did you get an XD? Is it a 9mm or 40S&W, I take its a Tactical?

Thanks again

mcb