Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm case stuck in de-capping die

@njlI do the same but I use Imperial sizing die wax. Since I switched I’ve never stuck a case even in non carbide dies while re-forming rifle brass. Just wipe some on your index finger and thumb and roll it on the case. Just a dab will do ya! 😄

Edited by Farmer

On 4/17/2023 at 2:41 PM, Farmer said:

@njlI do the same but I use Imperial sizing die wax. Since I switched I’ve never stuck a case even in non carbide dies while re-forming rifle brass. Just wipe some on your index finger and thumb and roll it on the case. Just a dab will do ya! 😄

Do you do anything to remove it, or are you using so little on pistol cases that there's no need?

19 hours ago, njl said:

Do you do anything to remove it, or are you using so little on pistol cases that there's no need?

So little that by the time you handle them it’s mostly wiped off. On rifle a quick wipe with a paper towel as you’re putting them in the box does the trick. Keeps your fingers soft too! 😃 

Basically I just lightly wipe my finger across the tin, rub it onto my thumb and go to it. Don’t really have to hit every one either unless you have a bunch of tough ones. 

Edited by Farmer