Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 5 Match Results -- Scoring Error

Carmoney

I know for a fact that this year at Area 6, they fixed a mistake in the results between Sam and Dan (at Dan's insistence) way after the fact, when Dan was back in California and found the mistake on his sheet.

Not sure why this one is any different. As I've pointed out in private emails to everyone involved, this one involves nothing more than a simple switch between me and Cliff, no other standings change, no other awards are affected. It would take about two seconds.

I really do wish they would fix it, because now the point series totals are a couple points off. But if need be, we'll adjust that one ourselves too....

This CAN......, and should be fixed per Mikes request.

As he mentioned, I got home from A6 (May of this year) and noticed a HUGE error in my score.

I e-mailed Cindy Noyes, the match MD, and explained my findings, she GOT the job done.

I sent the plaque and check back to her. She got them to Sam. Case closed........

Also, see for your self that the standings read: Sam (3rd) Dan (5th). With the score error I would've had, and was 3rd (first "A") I moved to 5th.

Maybe Cindy can give them a few pointers, hey......!!!!!!

BTW,

Mike Carmoney is a "first" class act all the way. GREAT shootin regardless of what happens here!!!!!

But, i'm gonna have to "kick his butt" in Missouri in a few weeks and finish what Cilff should'a done. :D:D:D:D:D YEAH RIGHT !!!!

Keep up the good work Mike, See ya'all in a spell (was that Sam's voice??? :wacko: )

Hi,

This kind of error (in the score or time) happened in the World Shoot XIV too. I didnt think it was possible (in a WS) but I saw 3 or 4 situations where a "Miss" was scored as "Alpha". I saw a stage time wich was about 27 seconds scored as 21 seconds. Another shooter from Brazil saw a "DQ" to be canceled (and the shooter finished the match). :o

I dont know if you agree but it shouldnt happen!

A brazilian shooter, after saw that his time in a stage was wrong, talked to the Staff/WS. So, They said to him to make a document and to pay USD 100,00 in order to have the result corrected. :lol:

This sport has very strange histories.

Edited by Vericio_Brazil